Both players have been out of the team since being suspended three years ago
James Kwesi Appiah says he is open to welcoming Sulley Muntari and Kevin Prince Boateng into the Black Stars if they are playing well enough.
The new Ghana coach, who last month made a return to the job he had from 2012 to 2014, was speaking at his official unveiling on Tuesday.
“I have worked in Ghana for years and people should know my character by now. I do not hold grudges,” the coach told pressmen.
“If Sulley and Boateng are playing well like any other Ghanaian they will be considered.”
During Ghana’s campaign at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, Sulley Muntari was sacked from camp for physically assaulting Black Stars management committee member Moses Armah, while and Kevin Prince Boateng was handed a similar punishment for indiscipline, with reports that he verbally abused Kwesi Appiah.
Both players were subsequently suspended.
Muntari, 32, offered an official apology in June last year, yet has not been called up to the team since.
Meanwhile, Boateng, 30, is yet to apologize officially.
EnterGhana.com | Credit: Pulse.com.gh | Black Stars: Muntari and KP Boateng will be considered for call-ups – Kwesi Appiah